Activities in Waimate
Waimate is a half hour drive from Timaru and Oamaru, and perfectly situated for a stop over half way between Christchurch, Queenstown and Dunedin.
Stay a couple of nights with us at Te Kiteroa Lodge and experience all that our surrounding region has to offer!
- Waitaki Valley and the Alps 2 Ocean Cycleway - Park your bike up for a night or two and soak tired muscles in our Hot Tub, we are located 60km from Kurow a perfect detour while enjoying the Cycleway or a break in the journey to catch your flight home from Christchurch or Dunedin Airports
- Eat, Drink and be merry - Food & Wine touring has never looked so good with fabulous local producers, growers, craft beer brewers and organic produce all within a 30 minute drive!
- Family Friendly outdoor activities are what this region is best know for
- Getting up close with Wallabies at Enkledoovery Korna
- Visiting the Oamaru Little Blue Penguins
- Experiencing the Oamaru Heritage Precinct
- Indulge your imagination and visit the Steampunk capitol of New Zealand
- Golfing on the range of excellent local courses
- Walking tracks, Biking and Mountainbiking trails all right on the doorstep of the Lodge
- Native Birdlife galore
- Lake Wainono and Waiho River wetlands and coastal walkways
- World class Salmon, Trout fishing and Hunting
- Horse Trekking
- Waimate is a historians dream - from its Edwardian heritage, to historical tours, museums, cemetery, sawmilling past, Quinn's Arcade, and much much more!